Sunday, December 1, 2019

Just Ask!

This being the Christmas Season, the "Season of Giving." If you are unclear on who started it. It is our Father God. We live on continuing a tradition remembering His beautiful gift. We honor him with our gifts.

We all have received gifts from well-meaning family, friends or fellow workers. Then the things we need vs the things we want. Should we be afraid of being like a kid and write a list of what we really want or asking for too much?


We can not ask for too much. Our Father has infinite resources.
We should not be afraid to ask.
Is there some fine print? God may give you anything you ask for but, the real gift maybe wisdom.
Our Father God like most earthly fathers desires to give good gifts to His children.
So what is the secret? Much like at any good hotel the staff says, "If you need anything, just ask!"

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:19
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:23–24
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5–6
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1 John 3:22
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 1 John 5:14–15

No comments:

Post a Comment